GRP – Glass Reinforced Plastics
Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP) come in many varieties, from hand lay up using resin and chopped strand mat through to pultruded profiles and not forgetting moulded GRP.
Understanding the differences between the different types and which is right for what application can be a challenge but at Material Edge we have a broad knowledge base to assist you.
- Solutions we have supplied to our customers include:
- Flat sheet and stair treads with peelply attached for post application of non slip resin/grit systems.
- Anti slip on the edge of strips for inlaying into timber footbridges.
- Bridge joint expansion elements.
- Moulded and Pultruded gratings of all shapes and sizes to replace metal.
- Services protection systems for roofs.
- Hand rail systems often together with platforms and gratings.
- Custom built pultruded profiles for the nuclear industry to the building industry.
Our production partners are based in the UK but when price and development/tooling costs are critical we also source in China with a 100% success rate of product performance.
We also provide customers with full designs for projects as diverse as GRP roof structures to floating bridges and pontoons.